Friday, May 16, 2014

D Blog Week - Day 5!!

Click for the Diabetes Life Hacks - Friday 5/16 Link List.
Share the (non-medical) tips and tricks that help you in the day-to-day management of diabetes. Tell us everything from clothing modifications, serving size/carb counting tricks to the tried and true Dexcom-in-a-glass trick or the “secret” to turning on a Medtronic pump’s backlight when not on the home-screen (scroll to the bottom of this post). Please remember to give non-medical advice only! (Thank you Rachel of Probably Rachel and Kelley of Below Seven for this topic suggestion.)

I made through the week with I hope some good posts..

But today I don’t really have any good advice. 


We often swag carb counts when out and even sometimes at
home.





 
I did recently get introduced to an awesome app called My Fitness Pal. This is my go to app!  I have an android phone and for some reason cant find calorie king to purchase. (Idk if I am tec dumb or its not available on android lol) 




This one is short and sweet but I hope to learn some great tricks from others today!!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Having a good app on your phone is always a great tips. Thanks for letting us know about My Fitness Pal - I'm going to check it out.

Anonymous said...

My Fitness Pal was one of my tips too! It's such a great tool for carb counting! I'm pretty sure I'd be lost without it :-P

Anonymous said...

MFP is awesome. I actually had just switched to an android phone 3 weeks before my daughter was diagnosed and was really bummed to discover that I could get calorie king on my husband's iphone, but not on my galaxy s3. That phone only lasted me 6 months before I said "I need my iphone back, the diabetes apps are better." Also, my husband was tired of me stealing his phone for the d-apps.

But... a trick I learned with calorie king on android is that you can access their mobile website from your browser and then add the bookmark to your home screen (or whichever screen for easy access). It's not the same as the app, but having the bookmark right there on your home screen makes it as easy as the app.

Rachael said...

Never thought of a bookmark for calorie king!!! Thank you!