Thursday, May 22, 2014

SDWR - I hate you


During my time involved with SDWR I met some amazing families. I have been blessed to have been able to hold onto some of those relationships in spite of how I feel about the org and how our journey went so wrong.

I also know what it feels like to be dropped like it hot because I don't share the same feelings about the org. What I thought to be friends.. ok not just friends but good friends.. have turned their back completely. These are people in the DOC these are other d moms who I thought would never let a service dog organization come between a bond much greater..

Wait. Time to come clean myself... In the beginning of my journey I did that to..  I turned my back to people that I thought were just trying to cause trouble. Why? Because I hoped for so much.. I hoped the trainers would work with us to get our dog to alert. I hoped I would have what we set out to achieve, a Diabetic Alert Dog.  I hoped Dan Warren was telling me the truth. I believed him when he said they were lying. I believed so many lies... 

I know what it feels like to be afraid... to be scared to speak up.. I cant tell you how many late night conversations I had with families currently still involved and claiming of working dogs.. about how our dogs do not alert and asking ourselves what the hell did we get our families into.

I know what it feels like to be on both sides of this organization. I also know what it feels like to say I am sorry to families I have turned my back on. I was wrong and hope for forgiveness. 

But what I cant understand is how so many families are still standing by, praising his glories.  Why continue the charade. 

There has to be a point when you say enough is enough already, and start doing what is right. Get your head out of the sand and speak the truth. 


****************************************************************************************
an update on the legal stuff

There are currently still over 20 complaints against SDWR filed at the Virginia Attorney Generals office. ***Edit*** 07/17/2015 over 30 complaints now  http://www.ag.virginia.gov/ComplaintTopicSelector/Search/Details/55414

There are active lawsuits http://www.scribd.com/stopthescammers/collections 

There are other state and federal agencies doing investigating as well.
*****************************************************************************************
When will it end... when will this be over and families stop getting scammed?

despite all the negative we still have a pretty cool dog who loves to play soccer ♥

No comments: