Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Dblog Week 2015 Day2

Tuesday - Keep it to Yourself

Many of us share lots of aspects of our diabetes lives online for the world to see. What are some of the aspects of diabetes that you choose to keep private from the Internet? Or from your family and friends? Why is it important to keep it to yourself?




Keep it to yourself… 

A1C’s! This is something we keep to ourselves. Not because I don’t want to share the good ones. But…  If you share the good ones you have to share the not so good ones and yes we have had our share of those.  I would love for other d peeps to not stress so much over it and not think of it as a report card.. The less emphasis we make on it the better chance we have on working on the next one and trying to improve or maintain.
I don’t want Joey to constantly worry about that number. What is? What will it be? How can I make it better?  I want him to not think of it like I do until he has to...  (Make sense?) 
I had to change the way I think and realize its not always going to be a win. We have our good days and our bad ones and usually the curse of the endo bites us right before we have our appt anyway lol.  Oh come on I know you have gotten bitten by it once or twice right?    

2 comments:

Ramblings said...

This seems to be a popular choice of keeping it to yourself! Good on you for writing it down

Anonymous said...

Yes! What is it abut the curse of the endo?! Great post, I wish I could keep telling myself not to worry about what my A1C is.